Under Chicago's Spell
by Carmen A. Cisnădean
Raindrops falling from the pitch-black curtain,
I hear them tickle the warm ground beneath
My heart chasing after the stubborn sound
Until the beat of heart and drop, are one.
Under Chicago's stars, I walk some more...
Squirrel families snuggling in nooks,
I want to sneak inside the tree trunks there
Where mamas and papas with their babies rest
Ready for winter's long sleep, to cover them.
Under Chicago's stars, I walk some more...
Pale yellow leaves jump at my feet,
The wind is more impatient by the moment
Tired branches sway their hands into a temper tantrum
The winter queen has sent a notice, but she fell asleep.
Under Chicago's stars, I walk some more...
People crowding on the streets at wind's speed,
With hot coffees and hot teas as mittens
Ligths everywhere and melodies crowd too for warmth
I feel the city's heart-drum, resounding in me.
Under Chicago's stars, I walk some more...
A bench awaits me there by the cold docks,
Like a royal garden blooms for its majesty
The sky attempts to capture my attention
Squeezing a cloud here or there, while the sky dwellers already dream.
Under Chicago's stars, I walk some more...
A silver-blue orchestra patiently in the sky awaits,
The wind adjusts its bowtie
While leaves slip on their dancing shoes for a grandeur ballet
The docks bow ready for the strings of waves, where music is reborn each day.
Under Chicago's stars, I stop and listen...
(written on November 14, 2010)
Raindrops falling from the pitch-black curtain,
I hear them tickle the warm ground beneath
My heart chasing after the stubborn sound
Until the beat of heart and drop, are one.
Under Chicago's stars, I walk some more...
Squirrel families snuggling in nooks,
I want to sneak inside the tree trunks there
Where mamas and papas with their babies rest
Ready for winter's long sleep, to cover them.
Under Chicago's stars, I walk some more...
Pale yellow leaves jump at my feet,
The wind is more impatient by the moment
Tired branches sway their hands into a temper tantrum
The winter queen has sent a notice, but she fell asleep.
Under Chicago's stars, I walk some more...
People crowding on the streets at wind's speed,
With hot coffees and hot teas as mittens
Ligths everywhere and melodies crowd too for warmth
I feel the city's heart-drum, resounding in me.
Under Chicago's stars, I walk some more...
A bench awaits me there by the cold docks,
Like a royal garden blooms for its majesty
The sky attempts to capture my attention
Squeezing a cloud here or there, while the sky dwellers already dream.
Under Chicago's stars, I walk some more...
A silver-blue orchestra patiently in the sky awaits,
The wind adjusts its bowtie
While leaves slip on their dancing shoes for a grandeur ballet
The docks bow ready for the strings of waves, where music is reborn each day.
Under Chicago's stars, I stop and listen...
(written on November 14, 2010)
No comments:
Post a Comment